Browse Items (72 total)

Bothwell (Tasmania) Town Hall was built in 1902. The building also served as the towns Police Station and Court Room. It is now used as the local library. The stone building features three semi-circular arches supported by columns with decorated…

St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government, St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians, before the Anglicans built their own church in 1891. It is now a Uniting…

Repair work on St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral, Hobart, in 2008 brought to light the possibility that a baptismal font in the Cathedral may be from the medieval Norman period. The cylindrical font has elaborately carved columns and Romanesque…

This building is at 38 Davey Street in central Hobart. It is at the rear of Parliament House and is part of the proposed Parliament Square redevelopment. The building adjoins the former St Mary’s Hospital building and early photographs show that it…

St Luke the Physician’s Anglican Church is in the town of Richmond, Tasmania. The sandstone building was designed by architect John Lee Archer and built by convict labour. It was completed in 1836 and consecrated by Bishop Broughton in 1838.…

A close up image of the bell tower of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque Revival style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone…

An image of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque Revival style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone building features a prominent…

Grindelwald is a Swiss-inspired town created by Roelf Voss in northern Tasmania, and is home to the Tamar Valley Resort. The town includes the Swiss Village, opened in 1985. The complex includes a small traditional chapel on the banks of the man-made…