St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government, St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians, before the Anglicans built their own church in 1891. It is now a Uniting Church. It was designed in 1828 by John Lee Archer (1791-1852) and was opened in 1830. Apparently the building was supposed to have Romanesque semi-circular windows but Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854) directed Archer to change them to the Gothic style as he considered rounded windows unchristian (!). The church is in the Gothic Revival style with pointed arch doorways and windows, and corner buttresses. The central tower is topped by a crenellated parapet.
For the Celtic heads on the entrance doorway see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1147
For the interior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1154