St Luke’s Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. Built by the government under the direction of Lieutenant Governor George Arthur (1784-1854), St Luke’s originally held combined services for Anglicans and Presbyterians, before the Anglicans built their own church in 1891. It is now a Uniting Church. It was designed in 1828 by John Lee Archer (1791-1852) and was opened in 1830. The pointed arch molding around the doorway ends in two heads reputedly carved by the convict sculptor Daniel Herbert (1802-1868). The heads possibly depict a Celtic god and goddess.
For the church exterior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1146