(Former) Town Hall, Bothwell, Tasmania
Bothwell, capitals, column, Court Room, library, Police Station, Romanesque, Town Hall, semi-circular arch, Tas, Tasmania.
Bothwell (Tasmania) Town Hall was built in 1902. The building also served as the towns Police Station and Court Room. It is now used as the local library. The stone building features three semi-circular arches supported by columns with decorated capitals. The arches are in the Romanesque style, whilst the foliage decoration on the capitals is also commonly found in medieval Romanesque (and Gothic) architecture.
October 8, 2012
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Digital Photograph; JPEG