Browse Items (72 total)

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. The church is in the Romanesque Revival style and is one of the earliest remaining Romanesque Revival buildings in Australia. The style is evident in…

The 1886 malt kiln of the Esk Brewery of James Boag and Son (Boag’s Brewery) is in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The façade is in the Queen Anne architectural style and includes a number of medieval features, such as…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847)…

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

The horizontal retort building is one of a number of derelict buildings on the former Launceston Gasworks site in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The brick with sandstone edging building was completed in 1860. The building includes…

The Alfred Ibbott (1844-1928) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window (on the left in the photograph) is one of two lancet windows parrallel. The figures are framed by a…

The Window of Roman-era Saints is in the south wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The large pointed arch window with stonework tracery is made up of three lancet windows with stained glass. Each lancet window features a Saint…