Browse Items (17 total)

This display at the 2012 PMRG/CMEMS ‘Receptions: Medieval and Early Modern Cultural Appropriations’ conference (Perth, August 2012) celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Perth Medieval and Renaissance Group. The display showed many of the…

These interior photographs of Wesley Church show some of the stained glass windows. The window featuring a warrior in full armour and wearing a crown is particularly inspired by the medieval era. The warrior, St George, carries a sword and shield…

Perth Boy’s School is in the central Perth CBD and was designed in the Gothic style by William Sandford, with the plans drawn by Richard Roach Jewell. The building opened in 1854, with extensions in the 1860s. Conservation and interpretation works…

Wesley Church is in the central Perth CBD and was designed in the Gothic style by Richard Roach Jewell for the local Methodist congregation and it opened in 1870. Additions were made in 1880, with further additions and alterations made by the…

The New Church on Adelaide Terrace in the Perth CBD was designed by Richard Spinney and consecrated on February 25, 1940. The small stone church was built in the Inter-War Gothic style and features a bell tower, buttresses, a small porch, and…

The Gledden Building is in the Perth CBD and was designed by architect Harold Boas. It was built in 1937 and 1938, and is named after Robert Gledden who had gifted the land that the building is on to The University of Western Australia in 1927. The…

An image of the ‘Saint George’ stained glass window at St Alban’s Anglican Church, Highgate. This stained glass is one of three windows (the others depicting St Alban and St Michael) located at the rear of the church. It was…

The Bell Tower from the former Loreto Convent in Claremont was designed by Reginald Summerhayes and built in 1937. It was rebuilt with the original bricks at its present inner-city site in Northbridge in 1991 after the Loreto Convent and school site…