Wesley Church, Perth, Western Australia
Bell tower, blind window, buttresses, Church, Gothic, Richard Roach Jewell, lancet windows, Methodist, Perth, spire, stained glass, JJ Talbot Hobbs, tracery, tower, turret, Uniting Church, WA, Wesley Church, Western Australia.
Wesley Church is in the central Perth CBD and was designed in the Gothic style by Richard Roach Jewell for the local Methodist congregation and it opened in 1870. Additions were made in 1880, with further additions and alterations made by the architect JJ Talbot Hobbs in 1896. Restoration work was carried out in 1987. The church features a bell tower topped by a prominent spire, turrets, lancet windows with tracery and stained glass, arched entrance doorways, blind lancet windows, and buttresses. Wesley Church became part of the Uniting Church in 1977.
July 6, 2012
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Digital Photograph; JPEG