Browse Items (4 total)

This building is now part of J Boag & Son’s Brewery in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. It was built as a store in 1886 by the flour miller Thomas Wilkes Monds (1829-1916) and was rented by the confectioner Arthur Biddell. The brick store…

The 1886 malt kiln of the Esk Brewery of James Boag and Son (Boag’s Brewery) is in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The façade is in the Queen Anne architectural style and includes a number of medieval features, such as…

This sculpture of St George and the Dragon is at the top of the 1886 malt kiln of Boag’s Brewery in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. St George is depicted as a medieval knight wearing armour and a helmet with an open visor and a…

This billboard in Launceston advertises James Boag’s Draught beer. The logo for the beer features an armoured knight wearing a helmet and thrusting downwards with a spear. Behind him lies a dragon. The inclusion of a dragon suggests that the knight…