Boagâ€™s Brewery building, Launceston, Tasmania
Beer, Arthur Biddell, James Boag, Boagâ€™s Brewery, J Boag & Sonâ€™s Brewery, confectionary, Launceston, Thomas Wilkes Monds, Romanesque, Romanesque Revival, semi-circular arch, store, Tas, Tasmania.
This building is now part of J Boag & Sonâ€™s Brewery in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. It was built as a store in 1886 by the flour miller Thomas Wilkes Monds (1829-1916) and was rented by the confectioner Arthur Biddell. The brick store features Romanesque semi-circular arched windows and doorways on the ground floor of the building. They are accentuated by the pattern of alternate red and pale bricks.
November 18, 2012
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Digital Photograph; JPEG