Browse Items (72 total)

The administration building of Perth Mint was designed by George Temple Poole in the Federation Romanesque style, most evident in the use of semi-circular arches for the windows and entrances. The foundation stone was laid by Sir John Forest, the…

This image shows St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone building features a prominent bell…

This photograph shows the porch of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque revival style and was completed in 1890. The porch has a decorated…

This photo is of St Mary’s Anglican Church in the City of Busselton in the south-west of Western Australia. Building of the church began in 1844 and it was consecrated in 1848, possibly making it the oldest stone church in the state. The limestone…

An image of St Mary’s Anglican Church, located in the City of Busselton in the south-west of Western Australia. Building of the church began in 1844 and it was consecrated in 1848, possibly making it the oldest stone church in the state. The…

The Great Synagogue on Elizabeth Street in central Sydney opened in 1878, when it was described as a mix of Romanesque, Gothic, Byzantine, and Moorish motifs (according to the official website – link provided below). The architectural style has…

The Great Synagogue on Elizabeth Street in central Sydney opened in 1878, when it was described as a mix of Romanesque, Gothic, Byzantine, and Moorish motifs (according to the official website – link provided below). The architectural style has…

St Finn Barr’s Primary School was established as a Catholic parish school in 1894 by the Presentation Sisters, who remained involved with the school until 1993. The school is located on Invermay Road in the Launceston suburb of Invermay. The…