St Finn Barr’s Primary School was established as a Catholic parish school in 1894 by the Presentation Sisters, who remained involved with the school until 1993. The school is located on Invermay Road in the Launceston suburb of Invermay. The main school building, now the administrative building, is in the Romanesque Revival architectural style. It was designed by Thomas Tandy in 1926. The side wings of the building feature semi-circular arched windows, a shape also employed for the three entrances in the centre of the building.
St Finbarr was the Bishop of Cork, Ireland, in the early seventh century.The school’s website can be found at: http://stfinnbarrs.tas.edu.au/