Browse Items (134 total)

St John the Evangelist’s Church is in the village of Richmond, Tasmania, and is the oldest continuously used Catholic church in Australia. The present building is an amalgam of two designs. The earliest building was designed by the English…

St John the Evangelist’s Church is in the village of Richmond, Tasmania, and is the oldest continuously used Catholic church in Australia. The present building is an amalgam of two designs. The earliest building was designed by the English…

Photograph of the front corridor of the Catholic Education Centre, on ruislip street, West Leederville in Perth Western Australia. The semi-circular arches are in the Romanesque style, which as the style of ecclesiastical architecture popular in much…

An image of the front entrance of the Catholic Education Centre on Ruislip Street in West Leederville, an inner-city suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The buildings that make up the Catholic Education Centre were once known as the Home Of The Good…

St Patrick’s Catholic Church is in the village of Colebrook, Tasmania. The sandstone building was built in 1855-7 under the supervision of architect Frederick Thomas from a detailed scale model made by the English architect Augustus Welby…

The Pugin Foundation is a not for profit organisation based in Victoria. Their website is devoted to the works of English architect August Welby Northmore Pugin (1812-1852). The website has a particular focus on the Pugin-designed churches built in…

St Paul’s Church is a small stone Catholic church in the Tasmanian town of Oatlands. The church was designed by the English architect Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin in 1843 and constructed in 1850-1. It opened on February 25, 1851. The church…

St Finn Barr’s Primary School was established as a Catholic parish school in 1894 by the Presentation Sisters, who remained involved with the school until 1993. The school is located on Invermay Road in the Launceston suburb of Invermay. The…