Browse Items (93 total)

An image of St Mary’s Anglican Church, located in the City of Busselton in the south-west of Western Australia. Building of the church began in 1844 and it was consecrated in 1848, possibly making it the oldest stone church in the state. The…

St Andrew’s Cathedral on George Street in central Sydney was consecrated in 1868, making it the oldest cathedral in Australia. The Anglican cathedral was designed by the English architect Edmund Blacket, who later became the colonial architect to…

St Andrew’s Cathedral on George Street in central Sydney was consecrated in 1868, making it the oldest cathedral in Australia. The Anglican cathedral was designed by the English architect Edmund Blacket, who later became the colonial architect to…

St Hubert’s vineyard in Coldstream, Victoria, was founded by Hubert de Castella in 1862. It is named after St Hubert, the ‘Apostle of Ardennes’ and patron saint of hunters. Born c.656, Hubert was the eldest son of Bertrand, Duke of Aquitaine.…

St Andrew’s Congregational Church, is on Darling Street in the Sydney suburb of Balmain. Designed by architects Goold and Field, the church was completed in 1855 and was built with local stone in the Decorated Gothic style. The elaborate ceiling…

St Andrew’s Congregational Church, is on Darling Street in the Sydney suburb of Balmain. Designed by architects Goold and Field, the church was completed in 1855 and was built with local stone in the Decorated Gothic style. The elaborate ceiling…

St Andrew’s Congregational Church, is on Darling Street in the Sydney suburb of Balmain. Designed by architects Goold and Field, the church was completed in 1855 and was built with local stone in the Decorated Gothic style. The exterior features…

The present St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral was designed by English architect William Wardell, with minor changes made by local architects Hennessy, Hennessy and Co. Although the foundation stone was laid in 1868, the cathedral was not completed…