Browse Items (730 total)

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

This wooden pulpit was removed from the former Christ Church Congregational Church in Launceston, Tasmania, in 2002 (having originally been in another church building) and is now on display in the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery in Launceston.…

The John Storey Memorial Dispensary is on the corner of Regent and Lee Streets in the inner-city Sydney suburb of Chippendale. The building was completed as in 1926 as a memorial to former New South Wales Premier John Storey. It was built by Sydney…

The current Sydney City Library building in Haymarket was built for the Commercial Banking Corporation of Sydney in 1875. The sandstone building on the corner of George and Hay Streets incorporates a number of architectural styles that can be traced…

The Church of St John the Baptist, also known as St John’s Anglican Church is in the Sydney, New South Wales, suburb of Kirribilli. It was originally built as a church school and was designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket (1817-1883). It was built in…

Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall is at 505 Pitt Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney. The building also houses The Actors College of Theatre and Television. Originally the church school, the building was designed by John…