Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall, Haymarket, Sydney, New South Wales

Dublin Core

Title

Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall, Haymarket, Sydney, New South Wales

Subject

actors College of Theatre and Television, ACTT, buttress, Christ Church St Laurence, John Burcham Clamp, crenel, four-centered arch, gargoyle, Haymarket, heraldry, Mock Tudor, moulding, New South Wales, NSW, parapet, Parish Hall, school, sculpture, shield, Sydney, tower, Tudor, Tudor arch, turret

Description

Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall is at 505 Pitt Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney. The building also houses The Actors College of Theatre and Television. Originally the church school, the building was designed by John Burcham Clamp and completed in 1905. The red brick with moulding building is in the (Mock) Tudor style and features four centred Tudor arches in the doorway and most of the windows, buttresses, bas-relief sculpture above some of the upper-floor windows, and two heraldic shields. The building also has a small central tower topped by a crenelated parapet and an octagonal turret. The turret includes small gargoyles. The tower and spire behind the Parish Hall belong to Christ Church St Laurence.

Creator

McLeod, Shane

Date

17 December 2012

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall, Haymarket, Sydney, New South Wales,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed June 26, 2017, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1294.