Two photographs of St John’s Anglican Church on St John's Street in Launceston, Tasmania. The original church was designed by David Lambe and built by convict labour in 1824-5. The clock and bell tower with an octagonal turret were added in 1830. This part of the church, in the Georgian Gothic style, is all that remains of the original exterior. From 1902 extensive alterations were made under the direction of architect Alexander North (1858-1945), resulting in the red brick building with large rose window and elaborate arched doorway. Despite the obvious contrast in the two sections of the building, both are in Gothic style and feature pointed-arched windows, buttresses, and blind arcading.
website see http://www.stjohns.net.au/