This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building with moulded plaster work is in the Romanesque Revival style. It has prominent semi-circular arched windows and doorways, multiple columns, and elaborate plasterwork incorporating floral designs. Two rounded corner towers flank the main entrance and end in cupolas on top of the roof.
For the biography of one of the architects see http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/parkes-varney-7959