The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,
Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry and
Oakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La Trobe
St frontage were added in 1890 and were designed by Percy Oakden Addison and
Kemp. The building is now known as the Francis Ormond Building. The College was
built in the Romanesque Revival style and features semi-circular arches and
doorways, a corner tower with four corner turrets, and window tracery.