The Blue Place, Kempton, Tasmania
The Blue Place, Gothic, Gothic Revival, James Hadden, hall, Kempton, lancet window, pointed arch, Presbyterian, Presbyterian Church, Tas, Tasmania.
The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict transported from Scotland. The church is in the Gothic Revival style and features lancet windows, a pointed arch door and doorway, and decorated timber at the front of the building.
November 21, 2012
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Digital Photograph; JPEG