St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The foundation stone was laid in 1856 and the church was consecrated in 1860. In 1878 the chancel, sanctuary, north transept and rose window were added, and the vestry was added in 1969. The most prominent part of St Mark’s is the three story octagonal tower on the north-west corner which is topped by a spire and includes lancet windows, pointed arch gables, and a stair turret. Other Gothic features of the brick church on the west wall are the corner buttresses, pointed arch window that includes four lancet windows and tracery, and the pointed arch doorway into the porch.
For more of the exterior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1182
For the interior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1188