St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in the
small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St Luke’s (1830) impossible. St Michael and All Angels was designed by Launceston architect Alexander North (1858-1945) and built of local stone by stonemason Thomas Lewis. The tower, with an internal stone spiral staircase and stair turret, was added in 1923. The proportions of the Gothic Revival church make it appear to be a small country cathedral. The church features buttresses, blind arcading, lancet windows, and pointed arch entrances.
For more of the exterior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1158