The small brick chapel with a shingle roof on Brickendon Estate, near Longford, is dated by its stained glass windows to the 1850s. It is in the centre of the farm village and was built for the religious observances of the farm workers and their families. It was built by William Archer (1788-1879) who had founded Brickendon in 1824. It possibly replaces an earlier chapel for convict labour. The chapel is consecrated and is still occasionally used for weddings. The chapel is in the Gothic Revival style and features a pointed arch entrance, buttresses, vaulted timber ceiling, porch, ornate timber details, and a bell tower topped by a spire.
For information on Brickendon Estate see http://www.brickendon.com.au