St George’s Anglican Chapel is the chapel of St George’s College, a residential college for students attending The University of Western Australia in Perth. The foundation stone of the chapel was laid in 1928 by Archbishop Riley and the chapel was designed by Sir Talbot Hobbs. Unusually, the red brick chapel is built north-south rather than east-west like most churches. St George’s Chapel is built in the Gothic Revival style, and features side buttresses, pointed-arched windows and entrance, crenelated parapets at the top of the two towers, and lancet windows and tracery on the large stained glass window above the entrance. The chapel is topped by a stone ring-headed, or Celtic, cross, a style popular in much of Britain and Ireland during the medieval period.
For St George’s College see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/83