Browse Items (3 total)

The baptismal font in St David’s Cathedral, Hobart, was made by local craftsmen to the design of English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907). The cathedral was designed in 1865 by Bodley. Like the cathedral, the baptismal font is in…

Christ Church is in the centre of the Tasmanian town of Longford and was designed by Launceston-based architect Robert de Little. The Anglican church was built between 1839 and 1844, with the crenellation on the tower added in 1960 (the tower was…

St Paul’s Church is a small stone Catholic church in the Tasmanian town of Oatlands. The church was designed by the English architect Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin in 1843 and constructed in 1850-1. It opened on February 25, 1851. The church…