Browse Items (72 total)

One of two photographs of the Jubilee Building that now acts as a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The brick and stone building was designed by Government architect George Temple-Poole and opened in 1897, originally housing the WA…

A photograph of the Oakburn building on the Elphin campus of Scotch Oakburn College in Launceston, Tasmania. The building was begun in 1861 by the landowner, Eliza Thompson. In 1886 it became part of the Methodist Ladies College, later Oakburn…

A photograph of the former Fire Station, now a museum, in Murray Street, Perth. The limestone and tile station was designed by Cavanagh and Cavanagh and built in the early twentieth century. The building is an example of the Federation Romanesque…

A photograph of the former Fire Station, now a museum, in Murray Street, Perth. The limestone and tile station was designed by Cavanagh and Cavanagh and built in the early twentieth century. The building is an example of the Federation Romanesque…

Completed in 1854 and consecrated in 1858, the Holy Trinity Church in York, Western Australia possesses features which are characteristic of the Victorian Romanesque, Carpenter Gothic and Gothic Revival architectural styles. Throughout the nineteenth…

Completed in 1854 and consecrated in 1858, the Holy Trinity Church in York, Western Australia possesses features which are characteristic of the Victorian Romanesque, Carpenter Gothic and Gothic Revival architectural styles. Throughout the nineteenth…

The first purpose-built synagogue in Western Australia, Fremantle Synagogue was built by J. McCracken in the Romanesque style (architectual firm Oldham and Eales) in 1902 but services only continued in the building until 1910. Constructed in brick,…