Browse Items (51 total)

Coop’s Shot Tower was completed in 1890 by the Coop family and it operated (making lead shot) until 1960. In 1991 it was incorporated into the Melbourne Central shopping complex in central Melbourne under a conical glass roof. The 50 metre high…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall is at 505 Pitt Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney. The building also houses The Actors College of Theatre and Television. Originally the church school, the building was designed by John…

St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in thesmall town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St…

St John the Evangelist’s Church is in the village of Richmond, Tasmania, and is the oldest continuously used Catholic church in Australia. The present building is an amalgam of two designs. The earliest building was designed by the English…

The current Government House of Tasmania, the third in Hobart, was designed by the Director of Public Works William Porden Kay and built between 1855 and 1857 in the Gothic Revival style. Governor Henry Fox Young took up residence on January 2, 1858.…

This photograph shows the exterior of the Lands Titles building found in Queen’s Square, Sydney. The building was designed by government architect Walter Liberty Vernon and was completed in 1908 as the Registrar-General’s Department. The building…

Holy Trinity Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The church is used for the traditional Anglo-Catholic version of the Anglican Church. The church, designed by local architect Alexander North (1858-1945), was dedicated in…