Browse Items (218 total)

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

The former Metropolitan Gas Company building is located at 194 Flinders Street in the Melbourne CBD. It is opposite St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral and was designed by Reed, Smart and Taplin in the Gothic Revival Style to harmonize with the Cathedral.…

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

Coop’s Shot Tower was completed in 1890 by the Coop family and it operated (making lead shot) until 1960. In 1991 it was incorporated into the Melbourne Central shopping complex in central Melbourne under a conical glass roof. The 50 metre high…

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

The John Storey Memorial Dispensary is on the corner of Regent and Lee Streets in the inner-city Sydney suburb of Chippendale. The building was completed as in 1926 as a memorial to former New South Wales Premier John Storey. It was built by Sydney…