Browse Items (9 total)

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

St Augustine’s Catholic church is in Melbourne’s CBD. It was designed by T.A. Kelly and built by Reid and Stewart. The bluestone church was completed in 1870, with an extension to the tower made in 1936 and the sacristy was added in 1965. The…

Coop’s Shot Tower was completed in 1890 by the Coop family and it operated (making lead shot) until 1960. In 1991 it was incorporated into the Melbourne Central shopping complex in central Melbourne under a conical glass roof. The 50 metre high…

The John Storey Memorial Dispensary is on the corner of Regent and Lee Streets in the inner-city Sydney suburb of Chippendale. The building was completed as in 1926 as a memorial to former New South Wales Premier John Storey. It was built by Sydney…

Christ Church St Laurence Parish Hall is at 505 Pitt Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney. The building also houses The Actors College of Theatre and Television. Originally the church school, the building was designed by John…

Christ Church St Laurence Anglican Church is at 812 George Street in the inner-city suburb of Haymarket in Sydney, New South Wales. The foundation stone of the church was laid by William Grant Broughton (1788-1853), Australia’s first Bishop,…

This window display was in an Elizabeth Street, Sydney, window of the David Jones department store. It shows a medieval-style castle topped with a crenelated parapet being guarded by mice carrying spears and wearing helmets. A lion wearing a crown…

The red brick and stone building at 152 Elizabeth St in Sydney, New South Wales, incorporates a number of architectural styles. Most prominent of these is the medieval Romanesque style seen in the semi-circular arched windows on the second and third…