Browse Items (23 total)

Carr Villa Memorial Park is the largest cemetery in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It features an impressive Entrance Chapel built in 1938 in the Gothic Revival style. The red brick building has pointed arch doorways and windows, buttresses, and…

Carr Villa Memorial Park is the largest cemetery in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It features an impressive Entrance Chapel built in 1938 in the Gothic Revival style. The red brick building has pointed arch doorways and windows, buttresses, and…

The small brick chapel with a shingle roof on Brickendon Estate, near Longford, is dated by its stained glass windows to the 1850s. It is in the centre of the farm village and was built for the religious observances of the farm workers and their…

Grindelwald is a Swiss-inspired town created by Roelf Voss in northern Tasmania, and is home to the Tamar Valley Resort. The town includes the Swiss Village, opened in 1985. The complex includes a small traditional chapel on the banks of the man-made…

The Uniting Church in Hadspen, Tasmania, was built as a Wesleyan chapel in 1874, and became a Methodist church in 1924. The chapel was probably designed by Mr Monds, described as the ‘clerk of the works’ in a newspaper article in The…

Consecrated and renamed St James Anglican Church in 1926, this building is in Franklin Village, Tasmania, was originally known as Franklin Village Chapel and is on what used to be the main road between Hobart and Launceston. The rendered brick chapel…

St Werburgh’s Chapel is located on a farm close to the Western Australian town of Mount Barker. The chapel was built on the property of George Egerton-Warburton and was consecrated in 1874. The building was made of local materials and is in the…

St Werburgh’s Chapel is located on a farm close to the Western Australian town of Mount Barker. The chapel was built on the property of George Egerton-Warburton and was consecrated in 1874. The building was made of local materials and is in the…