Browse Items (37 total)

This Australian Mutual Provident Society building is in the centre of the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It was designed by local architects Lesley Gordon Corrie (1859-1918) and Alexander North (1858-1945) and built by J. and T. Gunn. It opened in…

The Launceston Post Office is in the centre of the Tasmanian city of Launceston, and is one of four Heritage Property Showcase buildings of Australia Post for 2012. It was designed by architect William W. Eldridge (1850-1933) in 1885 with some…

This building is now part of J Boag & Son’s Brewery in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. It was built as a store in 1886 by the flour miller Thomas Wilkes Monds (1829-1916) and was rented by the confectioner Arthur Biddell. The brick store…

The Blue Place is a community hall housed in a former Presbyterian Church in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The timber church was built in 1886 on land donated by James Hadden (d. 1911), whose mother Jane had been a Presbyterian convict…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. The church is in the Romanesque Revival style and is one of the earliest remaining Romanesque Revival buildings in Australia. The style is evident in…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847)…

This sculpture of St George and the Dragon is at the top of the 1886 malt kiln of Boag’s Brewery in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. St George is depicted as a medieval knight wearing armour and a helmet with an open visor and a…

The horizontal retort building is one of a number of derelict buildings on the former Launceston Gasworks site in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The brick with sandstone edging building was completed in 1860. The building includes…