Browse Items (197 total)

These wooden bird boxes and bird cage were created by Cameo Alpacas and Garden Art, a company run by Pearl Anderson and Elod Gunther and based in Woodbridge in southern Tasmania. The bird cage on the right is in the Gothic style that was commonly…

The Ashurst Memorial Window is in the west wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: Adam,…

St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The…

This wood and tin bird cage is in the Gothic architectural style that was commonly employed on churches in Europe between the twelfth and sixteenth centuries. The body of the bird cage is four panels in the shape of pointed arch windows with tracery…

St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in the small Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The church was built in the Gothic Revival style from 1887 and consecrated in 1891. It was designed by Launceston architect Alexander North (1858-1945) and built of…

The Window of Old Testament is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: King David, King…

St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) is opposite the Village Green in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The foundation stone was laid in 1836 by Lieutenant George Arthur (1784-1854) and the sandstone brick church was first used in 1841.…

Bismarck Metalcraft was established in 1988 by Ken Bradford in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. They use modern steel to create armour, helmets, knives, and swords, including many recreations of items from medieval Britain and Europe, and…