Browse Items (23 total)

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

An image of a small doorway on La Trobe Street to the former Magistrate’s Court Building in Melbourne’s CBD. The Former Magistrate’s Court Building is a three-storey building of French Romanesque design. The doorway is in the…

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

The Working Men’s College (which became RMIT University) in Melbourne,Victoria, opened in 1887. The three-storey building was designed by Terry andOakden, and Nahun Barnet and financed by Francis Ormond. The tower and La TrobeSt frontage were…

The current Sydney City Library building in Haymarket was built for the Commercial Banking Corporation of Sydney in 1875. The sandstone building on the corner of George and Hay Streets incorporates a number of architectural styles that can be traced…

The Church of St John the Baptist, also known as St John’s Anglican Church is in the Sydney, New South Wales, suburb of Kirribilli. It was originally built as a church school and was designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket (1817-1883). It was built in…

The Church of St John the Baptist, also known as St John’s Anglican Church is in the Sydney, New South Wales, suburb of Kirribilli. It was originally built as a church school and was designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket (1817-1883). It was built in…