Browse Items (12 total)

A close up image of the bell tower of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque Revival style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone…

An image of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque Revival style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone building features a prominent…

This image shows St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone building features a prominent bell…

This photograph shows the porch of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque revival style and was completed in 1890. The porch has a decorated…

St Patrick’s Seminary on Darley Street in the Sydney suburb of Manly was designed by Sherin and Shennessy and it opened as a Catholic seminary in 1889. The four-storey stone building is in Gothic style with a high Norman (Romanesque) tower with…

Cardinal Cerretti Chapel is part of St Patrick’s Seminary on Darley Street in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The chapel opened in 1935 and was designed by Hennessy, Hennessy and Co. It is in Gothic style and features pointed arched windows and…

A photograph taken by photographer Ted Hood of the crowd gathered at the Corpus Christi Mass in Manly, New South Wales, in 1934. The group of veiled women in white dress most likely represent the Legion of Mary, an association of Catholic laity who…

A photograph taken by photographer Ted Hood of Apostolic Nuncio Philip Bernardini participating in the Corpus Christi Mass at Manly, New South Wales, in 1934.

Corpus Christi is an annual feast day observed by the Catholic Church on the Thursday…