Bell Tower, St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Manly, Sydney.

Dublin Core

Title

Bell Tower, St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Manly, Sydney.

Subject

arched windows, bell tower, blind arcade, capital, column, gargoyle, Manly, New South Wales, NSW, Presbyterian Church, Romanesque, Romanesque Revival, St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, semi-circular arch, John Sulman, Sydney, tower, St. Andrew, Saint Andrew, St Andrew

Description

A close up image of the bell tower of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Raglan Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly. The building was designed by John Sulman in the Romanesque Revival style and was completed in 1890. The carved white sandstone building features a prominent bell tower (shown) with gargoyles, semi-circular arched windows and blind arcading with columns with decorated capitals.

Creator

McLeod, Shane

Date

05 February 2012

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“Bell Tower, St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Manly, Sydney.,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed March 28, 2017, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1114.