Browse Items (47 total)

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. The church is in the Romanesque Revival style and is one of the earliest remaining Romanesque Revival buildings in Australia. The style is evident in…

The former St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847)…

St Matthew’s Presbyterian Church is in the suburb of Glenorchy in Hobart, Tasmania. It was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1839. The foundation stone was laid by Governor Sir John Franklin (1786-1847) in 1839…

St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. The foundation stone was laid in 1868 by Prince Alfred, the Duke of Edinburgh, and the nave was…

The Window of Roman-era Saints is in the south wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The large pointed arch window with stonework tracery is made up of three lancet windows with stained glass. Each lancet window features a Saint…

The Ashurst Memorial Window is in the west wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: Adam,…

The Window of Old Testament is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls in London and installed in 1872. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each: King David, King…

This large stained glass window featuring three figures from the Old Testament is on the northern wall of St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. It was created by the firm Burlison and Grylls and installed in the Cathedral in 1872. Each of the…