Browse Items (32 total)

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…

This East Window is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The window is above the altar and reredos in the Sanctuary of the Gothic Revival church. The Sanctuary was completed in 1888 and…

The interior of St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury continues the Gothic Revival style of its exterior. The nave was designed by the convict architect James Blackburn (1803-1854) in 1840-02. Of…

This memorial board of the ‘St Andrews Memorial Endowment Roll’ is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. It was carved by the Tasmanian woodcarver Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) of…

St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) is opposite the Village Green in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. The foundation stone was laid in 1836 by Lieutenant George Arthur (1784-1854) and the sandstone brick church was first used in 1841.…

This monument to William Bedford (1781-1852) is situated in St David’s Park (previously a cemetery), Hobart. Bedford was arrived in Hobart in 1823 and became the senior chaplain of St David’s Church, the main Church of England church in…