St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church in Subiaco, Western Australia was designed by architect Edgar L. B. Henderson and built by C. W. Arnot between 1933 and 1937. It is constructed from red brick and pressed cement in an inter-war gothic style common of the 1920s and 1930s. It exhibits many features common to gothic architecture, including pointed gothic arches, lancet windows, elaborate bar tracery in the stained glass windows and blind tracery on the tympana of the doorways, and a large tower and spire.
The windows of St Joseph’s are a mixture of the early gothic style single (or standalone), lancet windows, collections of two or three single windows positioned side by side, and also the later gothic trend of enclosing multiple lancet windows beneath one arch and separating them with mullions to form larger windows and allow for more light to enter the church.
In 2001, the church and presbytery were placed on the Heritage list for WA.For a timeline of the church's history, see http://www.stjosephssubiaco.org.au/our-parish