St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Skipton - Interior

Dublin Core

Title

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Skipton - Interior

Subject

Saint Andrew, St. Andrew, St Andrew, saint, saints, Presbyterian, church, VIC, Victoria, Skipton, Gothic Revival, Gothic, Gothic architecture, architecture, bluestone, Davidson and Henderson, architects

Description

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Skipton, was designed by architects Davidson and Henderson of Geelong and built in 1871-2. The bluestone building is in the Gothic Revival style and features pointed arch windows and a square bell tower with a gargoyle on each corner. The ears of the gargoyles suggest that they may be based on kangaroos.

For more on the church see http://vhd.heritage.vic.gov.au/places/result_detail/1024?print=true

Creator

Collins, John T.

Source

State Library of Victoria

Date

1966-1976

Rights

State Library of Victoria

Format

PDF

Language

English

Document Item Type Metadata

Original Format

PDF

Citation

“St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Skipton - Interior,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed July 30, 2021, https://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/559.