Image of Government House, Perth. The house was ordered on the request of Governor Arthur Edward Kennedy in 1858 but was not completed until 1864, by which time there was a new Governor, John Stephen Hampton. The house was built with convict labour augmented by craftsmen for specific tasks. The building is in the Victorian Revival style popular in England during the nineteenth century. It is made from stone and bonded brickwork and features mullioned windows and ogival capped turrets. The gothic arcading is an example of the Fonthill Gothick style.
For further information see http://www.govhouse.wa.gov.au/default.shtm.