The Catholic Church of the Apostles is in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The foundation stone was laid in 1864 by Tasmania’s first catholic Bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The foundation stone for the tower and spire were laid by Cardinal Patrick Francis Moran (1830-1911), Archbishop of Sydney, in 1889. The main church building was completed in 1866 and is made of dolerite with freestone dressing. Alexander North (1858-1945) designed the Sanctuary which was built in 1886. The decorated interior has a number of features common in Gothic and Gothic Revival churches including lancet windows with tracery and stained glass, columns supporting pointed arches with molding, and a large west window (between the pipe organs) with tracery and stained glass made up of four smaller lancet windows.
For the altar see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1207
For the exterior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1202