St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church is in the small town of Bothwell in Tasmania. It was built from 1887 and consecrated in 1891 after disputes between the towns Anglican and Presbyterian congregations made the continued sharing of St Luke’s (1830) impossible. St Michael and All Angels was designed by Launceston architect Alexander North (1858-1945) and built of local stone by stonemason Thomas Lewis. As is clearly evident from these photographs, the cruciform church is not yet complete and is missing its north transept and spire. Instead, a weatherboard extension has been added, with Gothic-style windows sympathetic to the main building. The church is in the Gothic Revival style and features buttresses and lancet windows.
For more of the exterior see http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/1162 and