Anglican Church of the Good Shepherd, Hadspen, Tasmania
Anglican, buttress, church, Church of the Good Shepherd, England, Gothic, Gothic Revival, W.G. & E. Habershon, Hadspen, lancet window, Lutterworth, pointed arch, Thomas Reibey, Tas, Tasmania.
The Anglican Church of the Good Shepherd is in the town of Hadspen, Tasmania. Archdeacon Thomas Reibey of Hadspen had the plans for the church drawn up by W.G. & E. Habershon of London and the foundation stone was laid in 1868. Reibey was largely funding the church himself and following a scandal he resigned from office in 1870, leaving the building unfinished and missing a roof. A scaled down version of the original design was finally completed in 1961. The original church design was based on the medieval Gothic parish church of St Maryâ€™s in the English village of Lutterworth, Leicestershire. The Church of the Good Shepherd is built of bluestone in the Gothic Revival style and features a pointed arched entrance and window mouldings, lancet windows, and buttresses.
August 20, 2012
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Digital Photograph; JPEG