Browse Items (91 total)

One of two neo-romanesque with rounded heads and stylised borders designed by Frenchman Lucian Henry and manufactured by Goodlet & Smith for the Sydney Town Hall auditorium, at a time when national fervour was running high in the late nineteenth…

An image of the ‘Caxton Window’ located in the Mitchell Reading Room at the State Library of New South Wales. This stained glass window was created in a neo-medieval figurative style by John Radecki of Ashwin and Co., Sydney in 1941. It shows…

A photograph of the Government Geology building/former Library, now a wing of the Western Australian Museum – Perth. The building was completed in 1902 and was designed by Government architect John Grainger. It was built to blend in with the…

This is the lower section of a two-tiered Gothic Revival stair window located in the Anderson Stuart Building at the University of Sydney. The window was donated by John Harris Esq., at a cost of £120 in c.1889 (Calendar of the University of Sydney…

One of two photographs of the Pilgrim Uniting Church in Launceston. The church was designed by Melbourne firm Crouch and Wilson and was built in 1866-1868 as a Methodist church. The brick church is in the Gothic style with stucco decorations, arched…

An image of the spire of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Leederville, near Perth, Western Australia. Designed by the architect E. Hamilton and built under the supervision of E.T. Russell, the foundation stone of the church was laid by Archbishop P.J.…

An image of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Leederville, Western Australia. Designed by the architect E. Hamilton and built under the supervision of E.T. Russell, the foundation stone of the church was laid by Archbishop P.J. Clune on the 6th of May…