Browse Items (122 total)

Duncan House is on Brisbane Street in central Launceston, Tasmania. It was designed by architect Colin Philip in 1934 as the Ford showroom for City Motors. The three storey Art Deco building features a number of medieval Gothic features including a…

St Andrew’s Anglican Church is in the town of Carrick in northern Tasmania. The church was transformed from a schoolhouse by Thomas Reibey of Hadspen in 1845, who became its first minister and was later succeeded by his brother. The tower was added…

This two-storey Federation-era weatherboard house in the Launceston suburb of West Launceston has a corner tower topped by a crenelated parapet.

The current Government House of Tasmania, the third in Hobart, was designed by the Director of Public Works William Porden Kay and built between 1855 and 1857 in the Gothic Revival style. Governor Henry Fox Young took up residence on January 2, 1858.…

The three-level Old Brisbane Arcade was developed by Neil Pitt and can be found in the centre of the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The interior of the arcade includes a half-timbered building effect, whilst at the exterior of the rear courtyard there…

The Card Castle is a card and gift shop in the Old Brisbane Arcade in the Tasmanian city of Launceston. The two signs for the store feature a castle. Whilst one provides merely the outline of a castle wall and tower with crenelated parapets, the…

This pigeon tower, or dovecote, is located on the banks of Macquarie River on a property owned by Burlington Farming Pty Ltd near the northern Tasmanian town of Cressy. The tower was originally part of the adjoining Panshanger Estate and was built in…

Fortress Risk Insurance Services are based in the Tasmanian city of Launceston and were established in 2011. The logo for the company, as seen in the photograph, is the outline of part of a medieval fortress. It gives the appearance of a castle tower…