Browse Items (8 total)

Launceston Church Grammar School has two campuses in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. This photograph of a modern interpretation of a medieval tower was taken on the Mowbray campus. The brick square clock tower has eight corner buttresses,…

St Mark’s Anglican Church is in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. It was designed by William Henry Clayton (1823-1877) in the Gothic Revival style, in particular ‘Decorated’ or ‘Victorian Free’ Gothic. The…

The main entrance to St David’s Cathedral is on Murray Street, Hobart. The cathedral was designed by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. The foundation stone was laid in 1868 by Prince…

The square bell tower of St David’s Cathedral, Hobart, was completed in 1936 after the foundation stone had been laid in 1892. The cathedral was designed in 1865 by English architect George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907), and the tower may have…

Flamingos Dance Bar at 201 Liverpool Street, Hobart, is in a medieval-inspired building. It has the appearance of a small fortification or castle, with a central tower and six fortified turrets. The brick building is topped by a crenelated parapet,…

Baptist City Church in the Tasmanian city of Launceston was built as Christ Church Congregational Church between 1883 and 1885. The brick and cement building was designed by Melbourne architects Grainger & D’Ebro. It is in the Gothic style…

St Peter’s Church is a stone Anglican church in the Tasmanian town of Oatlands. The church was designed by architects John Lee Archer and Robert de Little and building commenced in 1838. The building is in the Gothic Revival style and features…

The Masonic Club of Tasmania is one of a number of heritage buildings along Hobart’s Macquarie Street. It was originally built as Hutchins School between 1847 and 1849, and was designed by the Tasmanian-born architect William Archer. The bluestone…