Browse Items (26 total)

Launceston Church Grammar School has two campuses in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The relatively recent brick Tom Room Building continues the medieval theme found elsewhere on the campus by the use buttresses that end as crenellation.…

St Mark’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Pontville. The ashlar stone church was built between 1839 and 1841 by Joseph Moir and the foundation stone (no longer visible) is thought to have been laid by Governor…

Launceston Church Grammar School has two campuses in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The school crest, or coat of arms, features a shield with the image of a castle with crenelated parapets and square towers. Above the castle is an open…

The 1886 malt kiln of the Esk Brewery of James Boag and Son (Boag’s Brewery) is in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The façade is in the Queen Anne architectural style and includes a number of medieval features, such as…

St Mary’s Church of England (now Anglican) is in the small Tasmanian town of Kempton. The foundation stone for the sandstone church was laid in 1839 and it opened in 1844. It is thought that the church was designed by the convict architect James…

The Edward Nicholas (d. 1881) memorial window is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The window consists of two lancet windows, each of which features Christ. He is framed by a representation of elaborate…

This church hall is adjacent to St Mark’s Anglican Church in the northern Tasmanian town of Deloraine. The brick building includes corner buttresses ending in towers at the front of the hall and the porch. The concrete tower gives the impression of…

The Keith Sydney Isles (1902-1977) memorial window is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The window is made up of three lancet windows with a figure in each. The figure in the tall central window is a knight in late medieval armour and…