Browse Items (11 total)

This memorial board of the ‘St Andrews Memorial Endowment Roll’ is in St Andrew’s Church of England (Anglican) in the small Tasmanian town of Westbury. It was carved by the Tasmanian woodcarver Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) of…

This stone piscina is in St Michael and All Angels Anglican Church in the small Tasmanian town of Bothwell. The church was built in the Gothic Revival style from 1887 and consecrated in 1891. It was designed by Launceston architect Alexander North…

The Mary Ann Simpson (1857-1915) memorial stained glass window is in St David’s Anglican Cathedral, Hobart. The lancet window features St Michael as a knight wearing armour of the late medieval period and wearing a sword. He is killing a red…

St Mary’s College is a day school for girls is located beside St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral in Hobart, Tasmania. The opening of the college was instigated by Bishop Daniel Murphy (1815-1907) in 1866 when he invited his sister Mother Superior…

The building of St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral, Hobart, Tasmania, was instigated by Tasmania’s first Catholic bishop, Robert William Willson (1794-1866). The building was designed by William Wardell and built between 1860 and 1866,…

This memorial commemorating troops from Northern Tasmania who participated in the Boer War, referred to as the 'War in South Africa' on the monument, was erected in 1904. It can be found in City Park in the city of Launceston and was made by the…

These two photographs show the entrance of St John’s Anglican Church in Launceston. The original church was designed by David Lambe and built by convict labour in 1824-5. From 1902 extensive alterations were made under the direction of…

Images of Stella Maris College in Geraldton. The purpose-built college for the Geraldton Presentation Sisters was completed in 1912, after the foundation stone had been laid by Bishop William Kelly in 1911. The building was designed by Mother Brigid…