Browse Items (41 total)

The former Metropolitan Gas Company building is located at 194 Flinders Street in the Melbourne CBD. It is opposite St Paul’s Anglican Cathedral and was designed by Reed, Smart and Taplin in the Gothic Revival Style to harmonize with the Cathedral.…

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

This former Bank of New South Wales building is on the corner of Broadway and Regent Streets in the inner city suburb of Chippendale. It was designed by architects Varney Parkes and James Bull Anderson and was built in 1894. The ornate brick building…

This wooden pulpit was removed from the former Christ Church Congregational Church in Launceston, Tasmania, in 2002 (having originally been in another church building) and is now on display in the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery in Launceston.…

The current Sydney City Library building in Haymarket was built for the Commercial Banking Corporation of Sydney in 1875. The sandstone building on the corner of George and Hay Streets incorporates a number of architectural styles that can be traced…

The former Mortuary Station is located behind Sydney’s Central Station in the inner-city suburb of Chippendale on Regent Street, after which it was renamed. The station was designed by James Barnet and completed in 1869. It was part of the Rookwood…

The red brick and stone building at 152 Elizabeth St in Sydney, New South Wales, incorporates a number of architectural styles. Most prominent of these is the medieval Romanesque style seen in the semi-circular arched windows on the second and third…

This Australian Mutual Provident Society building is in the centre of the Tasmanian city of Launceston. It was designed by local architects Lesley Gordon Corrie (1859-1918) and Alexander North (1858-1945) and built by J. and T. Gunn. It opened in…