(Former) Ballarat City Fire Station

Dublin Core

Title

(Former) Ballarat City Fire Station

Subject

Ballarat, Ballarat City Fire Station, H.R. Caselli, crenellation, fire brigade, fire station, tower, Vic, Victoria

Description

The Ballarat City Fire Station on Sturt Street was designed by H.R. Caselli and built in 1860. The bluestone building features a prominent five-storey tower and crenellation. The fire station operated until the 1980s and is now owned by the Country Club Villages retirement company. The building was added to the Victorian Heritage Register in 2011.

For more on the fire station, including early photographs, see http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2011/06/22/3250872.htm

Creator

Dorey, Margaret

Date

January 30, 2012

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“(Former) Ballarat City Fire Station,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed October 15, 2019, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/932.