Priest’s Lodge, Morawa

Dublin Core

Title

Priest’s Lodge, Morawa

Subject

Catholic, Catholicism, church, Gothic, John Cyril Hawes, lodge, Morawa, pointed arch, Priest’s Lodge, WA, Western Australia, religion

Description

The Priest’s Lodge in the small rural Western Australian town of Morawa was built to the design of Monsignor John Cyril Hawes as accommodation for visiting priests. The diminutive stone building was completed in 1933 and features Gothic pointed arches in keeping with the adjacent Church of the Holy Cross, also designed by Hawes.

For more on the architecture of Monsignor Hawes see John J. Taylor, Between Devotion and Design: The Architecture of John Cyril Hawes 1876-1956 (University of Western Australia Press, Nedlands, 2000).

Creator

Munro, Tony

Date

22 February 2010

Rights

No Copyright

Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Photograph; JPEG

Files

Citation

“Priest’s Lodge, Morawa,” Medievalism in Australian Cultural Memory, accessed March 21, 2019, http://ausmed.arts.uwa.edu.au/items/show/839.